|Leading agency:||InVento Innovation Lab|
|Area(s) of intervention:||Milan|
|Total budget:||€ 88.890|
|NOPLANETB contribution:||€ 80.001|
|Starting date:||1st of November 2018|
Summary of the project
In order to achieve the SDGS (in particular SDG12) – it is necessary to involve the future generations and potential Green Changemakers: young people and students that can tackle Challenge for our future Planet, if properly stimulated.
During its experience with schools and students, InVento Lab understood the need to disseminate the principles of sustainable development among people in accordance with B-Corp network values.
“B-Corp School” project is the first Education Programme for schools with a focus is on B-Corp Entrepreneurship:
- Involvement of B-Corp entrepreneurs and the Direction of the “Città Resilienti” project of the City of Milan;
- Use of the e-learning platform “InVento School”;
- Blended course with the alternating of frontal classes, e-learning, practical activities and learning by doing methodology;
- Territorial Analysis and Environmental Assessment;
- Environmental Challenges: B-Corp entrepreneurs and Resilience Office of the City of Milan will launch green challenges to students in order to let them develop new sustainable and resilient business ideas as solutions to environmental problems;
- Tutoring and mentoring by B-Corp Entrepreneurs who will lead the students to the development of their sustainable and resilient business ideas;
- Final competition among the participant classes.
- 500 students of the high schools
- 20 teachers
- 20 BCorp entrepreneurs
- 1000 people at the event
The steps of the projects have been:
Recruitment: 17 classes, 350 students in Lombardy, 24 teachers; 21 mentors from B Corps to support the teams on financial and economic issues; 4 classes in Parma (3 schools), 6 classes in Rome (3 schools) and 6 different B Corps on these two cities; 175 students from 44 different schools involved in 2 Hackathons. Problem setting: each team has developed an analysis of problems and strengths of their own territories. Problem solving: the idea. Each team found an entrepreneurship idea to solve the identified problems. Business Model formulation through the Half Way Workshop (with City of Milan Resilience Office involved). 7 classes from 5 schools have participated through an intensive programme with InVento Lab trainers. Changemaker competition: during the competition the classes have presented their project to a jury formed by professional from different public entities, companies and organizations.